Hydroseeding to Improve Atlantic County, New Jersey Lawns
Nestled along the South Jersey Beaches, Atlantic County, New Jersey is home to famous Atlantic City with its opulent casinos and miles of boardwalks. Of course, this county isn't all glitter and glam. There are plenty of residential homes and small businesses in the area that might need the services of one of the local landscaping companies.
You understand how important it is for your yard to look its best. From curb appeal to a safe space for your kids to play, you want your yard to always look its best. Hydroseeding is one of the options available to turn a dust patch in your yard into lush, green grass.
What Is Hydroseeding?
Hydroseeding is one of the methods of planting grass. It's ideal for large areas that have a lot of slopes or difficult areas to reach with sod. The method uses a slurry of water and seeds along with mulch, fertilizer, tackifiers, lime, and more. The slurry is sprayed onto the soil with a hose. This makes it easier to get to hard to reach places.
You can also cover a much larger area in a shorter time and for less money. The slurry is dispensed from a container that constantly mixes the different components — it looks like a cement truck with the mixer on the end. Typically, the slurry has a green dye added to the mixture, so you can easily see where it's been sprayed and where you need to spray next.
While you probably won't need this, hydroseeding can be delivered by helicopter, when you have extensive acreage to cover.
What Is the Process for Hydroseeding?
You can't wake up one morning and decide to call one of the local landscaping companies to come hydroseed your yard. There is a process involved that may take several days. Here's a little more information about the process of hydroseeding.
- Start by grading and smoothing out the soil and removing any debris from it.
- Go ahead and install any edging you want. For example, do you want a small white fence outlining your yard or maybe, you prefer natural stones. Go ahead and place your edging. We can handle the edging for you to save you time.
- You will need to add at least two inches of topsoil to provide a good seedbed for germination.
- Spray the hydroseed slurry over the patch of ground you want to cover. Our hydroseed slurry includes a starter fertilizer and lime to get the grass growing
- For the next four to six weeks, keep pets, guests, and children off the area you planted with hydroseed and keep it evenly moistened.
- After four weeks, you should go ahead and mow your hydroseed for the first time.
What Are Some Reasons and Benefits of Hydroseeding in Atlantic County, New Jersey?
You want a beautiful lawn, and you have many choices. So why should you choose hydroseeding over the other options? Here are a few reasons and benefits of hydroseeding to consider:
- Saves money in large spaces: If you have a large lawn, you're going to save money with hydroseeding versus laying sod. While you won't save as much on a smaller lawn, it can still be economical.
- Better adaptability: With hydroseeding, one of the best benefits is that you get to choose your mixture of seeds to apply to the soil. Sometimes, there are tough conditions, shade, or challenges with the soil that require a specific type of seed, and hydroseeding is the best way to disperse it.
- More attractive and larger variety: When seeds are chosen for sod, they are picked based on their durability to last on the roll while waiting to be planted in a yard. With hydroseeding, you can choose any seeds that you like even finer bladed grass that you can't use in sod.
- Resistant to diseases: When sod is created, there is only a single type of seed used in the entire roll. This is referred to as monoculture. With monoculture, there is a great chance that a disease will take hold and destroy the sod. When you hydroseed, you can use a blend of seeds and lower the risk of disease.
- Better coverage: Hydroseeding provides better coverage of the seeds. You won't find seams and bald spots like you would with sod or hand-spreading seeds. This coverage helps to create a barrier that helps the seeds retain moisture and take root more quickly.
- Better water retention: Seeds placed in the soil through hydroseeding retain up to 10 times more moisture than sod and other methods. The water included with the mixture gets sealed in with the seeds and releases a little at a time in the soil until a rainfall provides more water.
Expansive Service Area
At RPM Landscape Contractor, we enjoy working with our friends and neighbors in the Atlantic County area. As with other landscaping companies, we must offer services beyond one area. Other areas that we provide service to are:
- Medford Township
- Cherry Hill
- Washington Township
- Gloucester County
- Ocean City
- Deptford Township
- and more.
While this list is extensive, it doesn't list every area that we service. We cover all of South Jersey. If you don't see the city you live in on the list, contact our office to see if we provide service to your hometown.
Why You Should Choose Our Landscaping Company for Hydroseeding
RPM Landscape Contractor knows that you have a choice when it comes to landscaping companies. We take the time to partner with our clients to meet their needs and expectations. Here are some more reasons to choose us, including:
- Founded in 2006
- Family-owned and operated company
- Full-service company
- Serves both residential and commercial clients
- Licensed, insured, and certified
- Member of the National Association of Landscape Professionals
- Member of Irrigation Association of New Jersey
- Member of International Association of Hydroseed professionals (IAHP)
- Request a quote online
- and many more.
We take the time to listen to our customers' needs and provide them with the outdoor space that they deserve. At RPM Landscape Contractor, we're ready to help you up your curb appeal. Call us today to learn more about hydroseeding and the other services we offer.